In this video you will see how to remove an old shower cartridge vavle and replace it with a new cartridge.
Follow manufacturer’s instructions for your specific style of valve.
1. Start by removing the handle of the shower. There is usually an allen screw on the underside of the handle.
2. Remove the escutcheon plate by unscrewing it.
Look to see if there’s a water shutoff near the shower valve. If not, shut the water off at the main water supply line.
3. There’s a small clip holding the cartridge in the shower valve. Carefully pry that up.
4. Use a cartridge removal tool to carefully work the old cartridge back and forth until it can be safely removed from the wall.
Once the cartridge is loose, use a pair of pliers to carefully pull it out of the wall. Don’t force it out. If it gets damaged while being removed, it could destroy the whole valve and then the entire thing will need to be replaced.
5. Carefully install the new valve.
6. Put the small clip back in to hold the new cartridge in place.
7. Screw the cover plate and the shower handle back into place.
8. Turn the water back on.